Monday, June 8, 2020

RESEARCH: INTRODUCTION TO TRAILERS



How do you find out about films?
There are many various methods that I use to find out about trailers. For example, recommendations from friends, YouTube and at the cinema. This helps me to find films that would be more suited to me. Also, I find YouTube the easiest to navigate as I enjoy watching other videos on there in my free time.

What makes you want to see a film?
If there is a famous actor that I like starring in the film such as Dwayne Johnson or Zac Efron. Also, if a film has a prominent presence on social media such as Instagram or Facebook with high reviews and other celebrities recommending it I would be more inclined to see the film. Also, if the film has a high rating on Rotten tomatoes I would be more likely to see the film.

How do I know what to expect from a film?
By watching the trailer or interviews and reading various reviews this aids me in figuring out the general plot and theme of the film which indicates what I will expect from the film.

What am I paying for when I buy a cinema ticket?
When buying a cinema ticket, I am paying for the quality of the film to live up to the money spent on the ticket. I expect the film to live up to my hopes and draw similarity with the themes of the trailer and the positive reviews otherwise this will leave me feeling disappointed after seeing a film

Are there films I have to see in the cinema or does it not really matter?
Personally, I am beginning to be drawn away from the cinema experience, as I much prefer to be at the comfort of my home or a friends home and watch a film from a platform such as Netflix or Sky cinema. This mainly concerns films in the genres such as Romance, Comedy and Thriller. Although, some films such as Marvel's Spiderman which I feel needs to be seen in the cinema or in IMAX as action packed films combined with surround sound and a big screen gives a very exciting cinema experience.

One of my favourite film trailers from this year was 'The Invisible man' which I felt gave a thrilling and 'edge of the seat' experience which enticed me to watch the film...





1 comment: